The Mission of Carly Dunster Law is to provide accessible and affordable legal services to those seeking to build sustainable food systems, and ultimately to affect positive, necessary changes to the regulatory framework that governs food in Canada.
The following is a list of services that Carly Dunster Law will provide. This is not an exhaustive list. Here’s what I can help you with:
- Navigation of all layers of food legislation, including municipal, provincial, and federal laws and regulations
- Permitting and licensing requirements required for your food establishment
- Corporate formation, including establishing a nonprofit organization, co-operative, or other entity
- Related labour and employment matters
- Negotiation of contracts
- Development of strategic alliances and joint ventures with other like-minded individuals and organizations
- Ensuring a kitchen/food production operation/special event meets food safety and certification standards
- Policy advising and consulting re corporate formation, corporate governance, and human resources best practices
- Written and oral advocacy on behalf of your organization before all levels of government and/or quasi-governmental bodies
- Notarization needs (Registered Notary Public for Ontario)
If the help you need is not articulated on this list, please contact me. I created Carly Dunster Law to help build more sustainable food systems, not to provide a set of specific services. If you have a food idea, be in touch.